Friday, July 2, 2010

This thing kept me awake for many nights...

My 1968 Pontiac Firebird Sports Coupe.

It was a basket case when I bought it.  Sitting in a shed, stripped and in pieces.  All the stainless trim and interior stacked inside the vehicle, along with several other boxes of bits and parts.  The engine sat a few meters behind it, in a sad and sorry state.
 
I could see it had potential, and it was a complete numbers-matching car.  The motor was the original that rolled off the assembly line with this car in 1968.  This Firebird was also heavily optioned, with power steering, power brakes, air conditioning, AF/FM radio (very rare) and had been fitted with a custom sports woodgrain steering wheel.
It took me 4 months, many weekends, and many sleepless nights.  But well worth putting this beauty back on the road.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home